Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A droplet of inspiration...

I am God. I am in control. I create this world and I can destroy it if I so choose. The knowledge is empowering, but deeply frightening. Everyone is a god once they gain this knowledge. In a world full of gods, is this Heaven on Earth? What do gods do other than create and destroy? We forge meaning, material objects, relationships, and anything our mind can conceive. We are omnipotent to the extent of our imaginations and the laws that govern the earthly vessel we occupy. The only real question, then, is how do we wield this knowledge – this power – in a mature way? How do we make use of it beyond puerile tendencies for instant gratification, attention, and other trifles? That is the question I will attempt to answer through reflecting on more questions as they arise.

No comments: